Successful online learning technology requirements are:
Specialty requirements for the Full Stack Development Program:
- Students must have access to a desktop or laptop (not Linux) that is less than 3 years old, 2.3
GHz/i7 – i9 processor and has 8 – 16GB of RAM and 500 GB HD (solid state hard drive
preferred). No exceptions. Windows 11 or Mac OS XI recommended. *No exceptions*.
- Chrome books do not meet the basic specifications and therefore are not acceptable solutions.
- Students are required to have an additional monitor to be able to follow along effectively while
typing (a curved screen is recommended).
- Students need access to a web cam and microphone for remote conferencing.
- Reliable high-speed internet connection of at least 10-15 Mbps.
Below is the basic information for non-coding programs:
Computer that runs at least Windows 10 or higher or Mac OS X, with at least 4GB of RAM.
Resolution at least 640 x 480 with 1280×720 recommended.
Many webcams have built in microphones.
Reliable high-speed Internet connection of at least 10-15 Mbps.
Or headphones connected to the computer.
Chrome Web Browser
Most current version with Adobe Flash Player installed. Adobe Flash Player is a free download from adobe.com.
Adobe PDF Reader
It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that these requirements are met. If you use technology that does not meet these requirements, it is possible that you will not be able to complete some course material. Failure to complete a course due to technology that does not meet these specifications will result in a failing grade and possible academic probation.