Steps for Students:
- The student fills out the application with his/her local DWS office and states they are working with Bottega to the DWS team.
- The student is approved by DWS.
- The student informs the school once approved. The student submits to the school his/her copy of a valid government ID and has sent to the school the official copy of his/her high school diploma or GED.
- Once the documents are received, the school prepares an ETA671 for the student to sign and a packet of regulation information about apprenticeships.
- The student is matched with an employer.
- Every apprentice is required to participate in related instruction in technical subjects related to the occupation.
- Apprentices must be assigned a mentor at the site.
- Every applicant selected must serve a probationary period of 25% or 3 months.
- Apprentices must be paid a progressively increasing schedule of wages.
- Apprentices agree to serve a one-year apprenticeship.
Steps for Employers:
- Employers contact or are contacted by our Career Services Team.
- Employer expresses interest in one of our approved programs for DWS.
- Employer signs an Appendix D and resource guide.
- Employer paperwork is signed by Bottega and submitted to the Department of Labor.
- Employer is approved.
- Employer interviews candidates and hires an apprentice(s).